[IEEE SiPS 2020 (Oct. 20-22nd) is going virtual.
Due to the continued uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak, the Organizing Committee has decided to move IEEE SiPS 2020 to a purely virtual event. The safety of all participants is our highest priority. In order to accommodate this decision we have decided to extend the submission deadline until May 31st (FINAL).]
We would like to encourage the community to submit excellent research work. The IEEE SiPS 2020 submission and acceptance procedures will continue normally. We will follow up with more details on conference registration, presentation and video formats, special sessions and PhD Forum. As before, all accepted papers will be published by IEEE in the conference proceedings and also on IEEE Xplore.
Travel Safety and Medical Guidelines:
Please know that our thoughts are with those affected by the COVID-19 outbreak. The health and safety of our members and participants are our first priority. We are closely monitoring any specific travel advisories through official channels, which include:
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control
- National Health Commission of the People’s Republic of China
- Portuguese general health governmental agency (Direção Geral de Saúde)
Before traveling to the conference, we recommend that you stay informed of any information your local health agencies may make available and take reasonable precautions to protect yourself. IEEE continues to closely monitor this dynamic situation and will provide updates with any developments.
The following proactive steps are being taken to maintain a safe and healthy environment at SIPS 2020:
- We are committed to following regional jurisdiction guidelines and rules in maintaining a safe environment for our attendees. The World Health Organization’s (WHO) guidelines are located here.
- We are working closely with local officials Convento de São Francisco in Coimbra and surrounding venues hosting official SIPS 2020 programming to ensure there are sufficient medical processes in place and sanitation products readily available.
- We are supporting individuals who may be unable to travel to Coimbra from affected regions.
- We will continue to provide timely WHO and other relevant updates to registered attendees throughout the conference as needed.